Knowledge is power – that’s the theme of seminars that will run alongside Electra Mining Botswana, a mining, industrial and power-generation expo to be held at the Gaborone Fairgrounds from September 10 to 12
Specially designed to promote business growth in Botswana, displays at the upcoming Electra Mining trade show in Botswana will feature latest technologies, machinery, products and solutions aimed at the mining, industrial and power-generation sectors.
The event will be co-located with A-OSH Expo Botswana, an occupational safety and health initiative aimed at promoting awareness and the importance of safety standards.
Event director Charlene Hefer says a free-to-attend seminar programme that will run alongside the expo has been designed to provide a learning opportunity for exhibitors and visitors alike. Topics to be discussed include:
• How the Internet of Things (IoT) and smart devices could change the face of mining in Africa;
• Managing occupational health and risk management;
• Smarter safety solutions for mining;
• Where artificial intelligence and machine learning fit within industry and mining;
• The importance of a strategic approach to IT security.
“Not only will visitors learn loads from the 100 or so leading local and international exhibitors on the floor that will be showcasing their latest products, services and solutions, they will also learn from our seminar panel of experts,” she says.
For information log on to www.electramining.co.bw